Blair Adams Murder
Blair Adams was a 31 resident of Vancouver, British Columbia. Who was found dead in a Knoxville, Tennessee parking lot in 1996 with no pants on his shirt ripped open and over $4,000 in different currency denominations surrounding him. The currency was Canadian, American, and German.
There were rumours that Blair was an ex drug addict he also battled alcoholism for a long time. But at the time of his disappearance he appeared to have cleaned himself up and had a great job as a foreman at a construction company which he apparently loved.
How it all started: On July 5th, 1996 Robert Dennis Blair Adams went and took all the money out of his savings account(over $6,000) along with thousands of dollars in gold and jewelry. He attempted to cross the US border but as a single man with all that money border guards assumed he was a drug dealer and was denied entry into the United States. So he headed back to Vancouver and quit his job the next day. Then went and bought a round trip ticket to Germany. He also later went to a friends house claiming someone was trying to kill him. (Probably a drug king pin could be HA who knows).
Then the next day he ditched his tickets to Germany and rented a car and this time was able to get across into the US and went to Seattle and bought a plane ticket to Washington, D.C. He got to D.C and rented a car (Toyota Camry) and ended up in Knoxville, Tennessee. While in Knoxville he went to fuel up the car and told the gas jockey that the keys did not work. When the gas jockey realised that the keys weren’t even the keys for the car that Blair had Blair took off to a hotel.
While at the hotel the manager thought it was strange as Blair entered and exited the lobby 5 times before renting a room.
After getting a key for the room (which he never even entered) he paid for the room with a $100 bill and left without getting his almost $50 in change. Blair was never seen alive again. Then about 12 hours later he was found dead in the hotel parking lot on July 11th, 1996. With no pants and $4,000 in Canadian, American, and German currency around him. So obviously robbery was not the motive. His pants were also removed in a way that someone would rip them off not how you would take them off yourself. Also his socks were found inside out. It appeared that his clothes were taken off post mordem. The cause of his death was determined to be due to a blow to the stomach although he also had many cuts and abrasions on him.
Other strange facts about this case:
- Blair knew no one in Knoxville. Police and is family are baffled why he would even be there in the first place.
- Rumour has it that the reason Blair had purchased a ticket to Germany is that at one point he had worked construction there. He was there for apparently about 4 months. He apparently had a fling with a younger woman there (17 or 18). Someone even said who was apparently a close friend of Blair’s that people from Germany may of had something to do with his death.
- He was also suppose to be working in Germany for 2 years yet came back after a couple of months.
- Despite years of drug and alcohol abuse toxicology reports showed he had no signs of drugs or alchoal in his system at the time of his death.
- When Blair purchased his plane ticket to Washington, D.C he bought a one way ticket for $700. Yet a round trip ticket was on sale and he could of got it for $400. Even if not coming back why pay more?
- It has also been rumoured that Blair was bi-sexual (irrelevant to the case though)